Increased Flexibility And Durability
As the first cement less acetabula cup with a pre-assembled delta ceramic liner, the DELTAMOTION® Hip System uses clinically established technology in an innovative way to provide a novel, best-in-class solution for younger patients, particularly those with small acetabulae, to give them security and confidence. It uses the most advanced materials and technology which allows optimisation of the head-to-cup ratio, allowing use of larger heads in small diameter acetabulae. This dramatic increase in femoral head-to-acetabular diameter sizing allows levels of range of motion, head engagement, stability and wear of the replaced hip, unique in Ceramic on Ceramic (CoC) technology.
The DELTAMOTION® Hip System uses the world’s first large diameter pre-assembled CoC bearing, and the BIOLOX DELTA® ceramic and titanium alloy ensures optimised head-to-cup ratio without compromising stability. The larger head size offers a wide range of motion compared with other CoC systems, making it a good all-rounder for young, active patients.
Indications and Factors
Indications for use of DELTAMOTION Cups and DELTAMOTION Modular Heads systems include:
Patient selection factors which should be considered include:
- Painful and disabled joint resulting from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or avascular necrosis
- Revision of a failed previous joint replacement procedure where primary press fit can be obtained
- Need to obtain pain relief and improve mobility
- Ability and willingness of the patient to follow pre operative guidance instructions
- A good nutritional state of the patient
Benefits of the Deltamotion Hip System
- It can be used for playing mild sports,
- In hip replacement, ceramic wear couples significantly reduce the risk of osteolysis (due to wear debris) and t he also t he associated risk of early implant revision. Deltamotion ceramic hip replacement s are therefore considered appropriate for ” young patients”.
- People in good health, live very active lives and expect to live well into their eighties. Clearly these are “high demand” patients who deserve a high quality hip replacement that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. These arthritic patients stand to benefit from the ceramic hip prosthesis.
- Movement at t he hip joint is very fluid and near natural. The reason for this improvement is superior lubricating properties.(Ceramic is more wettable, hence better able to maintain lubricant on t he surface), smoothness of the surface and therelative inertness of the ceramic material.
- The effect of circulating metallic ions on a foetu s in the uterus is a cause for concern . For this reason a ceramic-on-ceramic is advisable in women of childbearing age.
- Patients with metal allergy benefit from this implant as the wear debris does not have metal ions in it, so there is no reaction of the immune system of the body to metal ions.
A growing number of surgeons are using camera-computer systems to help them apply their skills to the utmost advantage for patients undergoing joint replacement. The goal is to assist surgeons to operate with smaller incisions and greater precision.
As the first cement less acetabula cup with a pre-assembled delta ceramic liner, the DELTAMOTION® Hip System uses clinically established technology in an innovative way to provide a novel, best-in-class solution for younger patients, particularly those with small acetabulae,
The Orthopedic Suite has fully computerized Digital Operating Theatre that displays, records and streams at the touch of a finger. It has the first pinless Ceiling Mounted Navigation Platform in 3D with most advanced software for Hip and Knee Joint Replacement allowing 99.9% accuracy
A complete medical technology solutions for Operating Theatres with high quality equipment, guaranteeing optimum treatment for patients and greatest possible working comfort for the personnel. Supra-aseptic Laminar flow O.T. with HEPA filters
Today’s diverse patient population demands a knee system that can react to the needs of the individual patient. The Sigma Knee System brings together function with wear resistance to match patient needs. Regardless of the size, shape or activity level of patients,
TRUMATCH® Solutions brings a new level of personalized Total Knee Replacement surgery to your Patient. It is based on the proven philosophy of mechanical alignment, with the customized instrumentation and computer software system designed to aid in knee
Unicondylar Knee Replacement simply means that only a part of the knee joint is replaced through a smaller incision than would normally be used for a total knee replacement.Unicondylar Knee Replacements have been performed since the early 1970’s with mixed success.